BR: The Black Tulip

'I am sorry, sir,' young Cornelius said. 'I am not interested in politics. I am interested in tulips. Please, come to my drying-room. I will show you my bulbs.' (p.12)
     Cornelius Van Baerle was a twenty-five years old man, who was very clever and very rich, and he loved tulips more than all the other flowers. He grew many beautiful tulips. On the other hand, Isaac Boxtel and Cornelius Van Baerle were neighbours. But Isaac, who was an old man had a thin face and white hair, was jealous of Cournelius. Both of two wants to win the prize for the first black tulip flower in the Neitherlands. Cornelius has enemies like Isaac, then they put him in prison. He is going to die.
     If you interested in the continuation of the story, I want you to read it. This story makes us find out what we should treasuring. I think the most important thing is not to kick someone down for some rewards, it is to look at ourselves. I have a lot of rewards which I want to get, so I will keep in mind today's learnings.

Dumas Alexandre, (2005), The Black Tulip, Thailand; Macmillan Heinemann

コメント

  1. It sound like a very interesting book. Personally the black tulips do not look so appealing. I would stick with the usual colors of red, yellow, pink, etc.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

人気の投稿